Adding Sections and Fields
- To add a new section to a form click
[+ Add section]
- If you want to give that section a
heading, type it into the black bar
- Alternatively, you can leave this blank
and it will appear as a page break in your
- Then create the fields below. Additional fields can be created in all directions by selecting the orange + icon as well as additional sections by selecting the [+ Add section] icon.
- Text (single-line): this adds a single
line text field to your template, to
gather small snippets of
- Text Area (multi-line): this adds a
multi-line text field to your template, to
gather more detailed information.
- Number: this adds a number field to your
template. You can add a Pre-symbol to the
number e.g. $, € or a Post-symbol e.g. Km,
- Date: this adds a date field to your
template. The system auto completes this
field to the current date when you click
into it or you can select a different date
from the date picker.
- Date and time: this adds and date and time
field to your template. The system auto
completes the date and
time fields to the current date and
time. If this field is completed on
today's date, only the time will be
displayed. Once the current date is in the
past, the date will show on this
- Email: this will add a single line text
field where you can type in an email
- Option selection: this adds an option
selection field to your template. This is
a drop down field with options that you
have added to the field. You can set a
default value in the drop down field. You
can also allow for empty
- Checkboxes: this adds a checkbox field to
your template. On your form you are able
to check a box to make a
- Location (map feature): this adds a
location (map feature) to your template.
This field is to record a specific address
or location that you have searched for on
- Area (map feature): this adds an area (map
feature) to your template. This field is
to record a specific area on a map. You
can use the drawing tools on the map to
mark out the area.
- File: this adds a file field to your template. This field allows you to upload a file to your form. You can select 'Allow to attach multiple files' if you want to be able to upload more than one file to that particular field.
- Icon: this adds an icon field to your
form. You can select an icon from a
menu and it will display in this
- Relationship: this adds a relationship
field to your template. This field
allows you to link data between different modules.
- Table: this adds a table field to your
template. You can add columns to the
table, each column can be a different
field type. You can specify what
column you want to sort the table by
and what direction i.e. ascending or
- Signature: This adds a field for an electronic signature to your forms. This will allow you to sign status boards, tasks, and forms from both the web and mobile applications. Signing a form will
Lockit from future edits.
Note: You have the option draw, auto generate or upload a signature.
Automatic Signature Generator
If you don't want to draw, we'll generate an automatic signature for you in a handwritten script.
Uploading Your Signature
If you have a photo of your signature, you can upload it as your default one. Single-click sign and lock forms from here.
Locking A Form
Signing a form will
Lockit. This means that it is uneditable by you or other users. Whoever signed the form, approved it. Unlocking a form will erase all signatures on the form. Unlock a form from the context menu.
- Org Chart: This adds an organization chart field to your
template. This pulls the Org chart
from the Roles module. You have to
have the Org chart created here
first or it won't appear when you
add the field to your template.