You can use the drawing tools on the map to mark out an area of interest. You will find the drawing tools on the main map and on the map that pops up when you click into a location field.
Drawing tools on the main map:
At present, the main map is not available in the mobile app.
Drawing tools on the location (map feature) field:
To use the drawing tools follow the steps below.
- Select the shape you wish to use to mark out an area on your map
- Click and drag your mouse on the map to create the shape
- Click [Add]
- Name the map annotation and choose a colour
- To edit the map annotation, click on it and a menu will appear allowing you to either edit or delete the drawing
The following are examples of what you can use the drawing tools to mark on the map:
- An area of flooding
- An evacuation area
- Pin a Last Known Point
- An area that has been destroyed
- Pin a Staging Area
- Mark a road / rail line that is closed