Item status expressions allow you to specify what color a row within a status board should be based on what status is selected from a drop down field.
To do this go to the Admin Area and follow the steps below:
- Open up Templates and click edit on the status board you wish to edit
- If you do not already have a Status field, you will need to add one in now.
- In this example the options for statuses are 'No Damage', 'Minor Damage', 'Severe Damage' and 'Destroyed'
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ➕ Advanced Options
- Here you will see Item status expressions
Note, there are 3 colors to choose from:Success = GreenWarning = AmberDanger = Red
- To set the colors based on the status selection, you must use the field ID/name. I.e. the field name for No Damage is no_damage, the field name for Destroyed is destroyed and so on
- Note, the field ID for the Status field in this example is status which you can find by clicking on the More Options [⋮] menu on the field in the template in the admin area
If 'No Damage' is selected I want the status board item to be green, enter the following in Success:
If 'Minor Damage' is selected, I want the item to be amber, enter the following in Warning:
If 'Severe Damage' OR 'Destroyed' is selected, I want the item to be red, enter the following in Danger:
status==='severe_damage' || status==='destroyed'
- this is what it should look like in your account
- Click save